Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Did You Know?

Did you know that the Paul Quinn College campus is over 140 acres?

Did you also know that there is no reputable grocery store within five miles of the Highland Hills/Paul Quinn College community?

Furthermore, did you know that despite offering to donate the land to any major grocer who would build a store that would cater to the Highland Hills/Paul Quinn College community and our section of the southern sector, we got a grand total of 0 calls from grocers?

As Marvin Gaye used to say in "Inner City Blues"- "makes me want to holler and throw up both my hands".

On to the next one,
President Sorrell

1 comment:

  1. I've been considering returning to PQC to finish my BA, the hardest thing for me is finding a nice place to live near campus that's affordable and safe.

    When I began my college career I attended HTU in Austin. There are "student" apartments that are centrally located for all of the colleges in the city.

    It would be great if PQC, UNT-Dallas, DCCCD had something like that. I'm sure it would increase enrollment at the schools involved.

    Hope this is something that develops.

    ReplyDelete